Embroidery Beginners Course with Live Plants!
We know that everyone can be creative and that craft helps us unwind after busy days. It benefits our mental health and self-confidence. We also believe that you can make your own art and experience it on your clothes and home accessories.
Being in the presence of live plants, touching & studying the flowers, petals, and leaves, and creating individual arrangements with them gives a sense of peace. Nature is abundant in colors, shapes, smells & textures.
I invite you to this special event when we combine embroidery and wilderness – we will play with various plants and learn simple techniques to embroider particular shapes inspired by nature.
This is a full beginners workshop – we will cover all the basics and work on our own designs, composing them from live plants. We will arrange them the way we want, which helps a lot when making your own designs.
This idea came from a previous workshop participant, and I am soooo excited to continue with this series. This is the most knowledge-packed and valuable workshop I ever created! The first three times were a huge success!
When & Where?
Saturday and Sunday, two days
Time: 10 – 15:15 / including break
Place: Ryghs vei, Holmenkollen
Price: 1600 nok (materials included)
Max. 6 participants
Please specify which weekend you would like to join when making the payment:
29 & 30.04,
27 & 28.05
or 17 & 18.06
What you can expect:
- knowledge about embroidery tools & fabric
- knowledge about pattern transferring
- enough practice & theory to do at least 7 new embroidery stitches
- materials & equipment to work with
- fresh flowers and plants to arrange your own composition
- supportive teacher, max 6 participants, snacks, chatting about creativity & life
- a file sent out afterwards with a summary and lots of valuable knowledge
What you make you will take home!
– who we are and what are our expectations
– presentation of the flowers and examples
– choosing the fabric & color, how to compose them according to our pattern
– working on the plants composition: how to start, what to remember when translating it to embroidery later
– how to thread the needle, make a knot, how much thread to use for different effect
– how to use the embroidery hoop
– preparation of the fabric, what fabric to use for different projects
– transferring the pattern based on the color of the fabric
– first embroidery steps – how to start
– how to do stem, leaves, inside of the flowers
– how to finish the thread on the other side
– what mistakes can happen, what to avoid (eg. tension of the thread, choosing the wrong needle etc)
– how to work on future projects, how to pursue our hobby
Simply Vipps 800 NOK to Plants on People #736606 to secure your spot or add a product to the cart and choose a different method. It is also possible to pay in 3 installments of 600 nok – just contact me if you feel like doing it.
If you have any questions, please message Plants on People on FB or Instagram or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Only 6 spots are available in total for each date.
Besides a wide selection of flowers all the necessary materials are included – you will choose from a wide selection of high-quality embroidery floss and needles. The fabric will also be available as well as all other necessary materials.
Most of the materials you will be able to take with you for further exercise 🙂
What to bring?
You can bring a shirt, skirt or jeans that you wish to embroider on in the future to check if it is possible to work on them. If it is, it is up to you – you can start learning directly on those. Yes, it is possible!
And please – bring any plants you love to share with us and make our practice table even more abundant!
I highly recommend this course! It is perfect for beginners who don’t believe they are creative as well as those who just want to learn a new skill to release their already existing creativity! Justyna is a wonderful teacher and goes through every step of the process with you. She is so patient and inspiring!
Maria (verified owner) –
What a great course! Justyna created a really special learning environment for us – in beautiful surroundings, with such a peaceful, homey ambiance. I loved the idea of using live plants, it made it easier for me to get creative, compose the motif and get an understanding of the different textures I tried to recreate in the embroidery. Justyna had and individual approach to us participants and patiently explained the different embroidery techniques. She was very encouraging throughout the course and provided all the necessary information about the different tools and materials we should buy if we want to continue our creative projects at home. I feel very inspired after this course and I’m excited to continue my embroidery journey. I highly recommend it!
Emelie (verified owner) –
super duper nice course that I will never regret!
It is impossible to not feel comfortable and inspired in this course 🙂 It was one of my favourite weekends in a long time. Justyna is a welcoming and encouraging teacher, was extremely attentive to all of us during each step, and provided such helpful explanations and guidance for our creations and continued learning. I would extremely recommend this for anyone with any level of embroidery knowledge!